CABLE MODEM TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:
Status of the LEDs:
Cable Modem without Wi-Fi:
- Power - The power LED indicator lights steadily when 12 volts power is present.
- No light ->defective power supply or modem
- Cable - The LED indicator should light steadily if DOCSIS signal is present and the modem has access to the network.
- Blinking LED indicates no DOCSIS signal is received
or the modem has no access.
- PC - Flashing -> there is transfer of data between the PC and the cable modem.
- Send - Blinking -> the cable modem is sending data to the network.
- Receive - Blinking -> the cable modem is receiving data from the network.
Cable Modem with Wi-Fi:
- No LED is lit -> defective power supply or modem.
- No Wi-Fi signal -> the wireless signal is turned-off as indicated by the LED indicator (no light). Press the on/off button to turn it on.
- The link LED flashes when there is activity in the network.
- Flashing DS LED -> the modem is not receiving DOCSIS signal.
- LEDs flashing in succession -> an indication that the modem is not registered in the network.